This is an unplayed Cloverlick openback banjo built by Jeff Kramer. The unplated brass has tarnished as you would expect. NO TRADES.
CLOVERLICK MODEL AND DETAILED LISTING
• KNAVES RUN EKTube Oldtime Special
RIM, HARDWARE, AND POT CONSTRUCTION
• McPeak Lightning Maple and ebony bridge thinned and shaped for best tone 11/16"
• Total string between 1st and 5th width at bridge will be standard Crowe 46 mm
• ACTION SET - 3/16" over twelfth. Rise over head at fingerboard will be 3/8"
• All Hardware solid brass by CloverLick with 14 bracket hook construction, side drilled tension hoop
• Head, Renaissance
• Oldtime Special Add on - Rim binding of Curly Koa on outside of rim, OS Upgrade
• Rim, CloverLick Blockstyle 3/4" thick
• Rim bottom dressed with wood rim bottom dress in Cocobolo
• Rim, 12 diameter X 3/4 thick x 2 3/4 overall depth
• Rim, wood will be White Oak
• Kerschner Brass / Nickel Tailpiece
NECK CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
• The fifth string tuner on Knaves Run is between the 5th and 6th frets (DILLER PREFERENCE)
• Neck wood will be White Oak
• Oldtime style dowel stick and custom hardware
• No Bindings on neck, natural wood beauty.
• Necks are split construction with a 1/4" center vertical veneer and halves are opposed for stability and strength
• Face woods for peghead, fingerboard, armrest, heelplate in Cocobolo
• Fingerboard nut and 5th string nut will be aged old bone.
• Stainless Steel Frets
• Oldtime Special Add On - Peghead will get special intricate cut
• Radiused fingerboard of 20 inches and overl neck thickness of 13/16" (DILLER PREFERENCE)
• Heel angle of 1/2 degree at most, 3/16" fingerboard rise over head for clawhammer playing
• Fretted scale length will be 24 1/2
• Neck will have 19 fretted positions
• Neck at the nut will be 34mm and 50 mm at the pot. This is slightly wider than most banjos today and makes for easier fingering.
• Mini railroad spike installed in second position on fifth string to allow "A" capoing.
• Dual permanent carbon filament truss rods for strength, stability, and tone
• Tuner Knobs will be Black
• 4 standard Keith tuners in brass with black knobs - upgrade option, fifth string to be gold plated with black knob
• Oldtime Special Add on - Maple veneer underlayment beneath facewoods in peghead, fingerboard, heel plate, and bottom dress for visual line enhancement
INLAYS AND FINISH DETAILS
• Hand rubbed oil finish polished to a smooth satin luster, base coats in mineral oil, then shellac, then gun oils
• All wood is left natural in color to promote most natural feel and appearance
• "I X" engraved at the 9th fret
• Peghead will have 3 shell style Trillium, engraved, using gold mother of pearl, pau abalone and red abalone / custom parlor grade set.
• Antique coal script coin inlayed in fingerboard near the pot says much about the banjo tradition
• Side dots at the 3,5,7,9,12,15,17 positions
• Oldtime Special Add On - diamonds are added to the 3,5,7, 9*,12,15,17 in Gold Mother of Pearl. There is an "IX" at the ninth fret
OTHER MISC ITEMS
• Hardshell professional style case.
• Two brass nameplates inside pot reflecting model, serial number, builder, grade, and owner name. Brass plate on case with owner name and banjo name
• Banjo serial number KR-OS-021, Banjo Name "Round-Headed Boy"
United States, Petaluma, CA
Buyer pays shipping (to continental US only)
Check/Money Order, Cash (in person)
Payment Option Notes:
PayPal, credit cards NOT accepted
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 2 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back. Buyer pays return shipping.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Mint Condition
'call the Captain' 2 hrs
'Great Conjunction' 2 hrs
'Top Tension Armrest' 4 hrs
'Too Young To Marry' 4 hrs
'Graphic dreams' 4 hrs
'Lamplighter's Hornpipe' 5 hrs