In response to inquiries about crown height, I measured them & they all seem to be medium except one of the number fives below is about halfway between low & medium but I think it will work for either.
I have 9 banjo heads for sale, mostly Remo or Huber. They are of varying ages but, AFAIK, none are the “premium” pre-EPA type. Of the “real” Remo’s, two have “Weatherking” & “Banjo head only” & two have “Weather King” & “Banjo”. More details below…
1. Used Taiwan Remo, $10
2. Two used Remo with 4-point crown marked “Weatherking” & “Banjo head only”, $10 each
3. Sold Two used Remo with 4-point crown marked “Weather King” & “Banjo & Made in USA”, has been on an AT, $10 each
4. Used “Warhead” that I got from someone on the Hangout, rough surface, $5
If someone wants them all, $70. None have ™ on them nor © so they are slightly different than #3 below. If anyone wants pix, tell me what one you want & I will send you pictures.
Some stuff from BHO on heads:
If your estimation of the years has a bit of leeway, then it would be pretty clear that years the evolution of the Weatherking from earliest to latest:
1) big crown with 6 points and no “REMO”
2) the sloppy looking Remo with no words under the line and the 4 point crown
3) the cleaner stamp four point crown, no trademark symbol and Weather King (2 words) and “Made in USA” under the line
4) the slightly larger stamp, “Weatherking” is one word and trademark symbols
5) the new ones with “Made in Taiwan” under the line.
I contacted the buyer of the other head from that auction. It had the one-word/ no trademark logo. That buyer was also seeking an old head. But to his disappointment the head he got appears to be post-EPA. I guess the one-word logo is post-EPA, even without the trademark.
United States, Woodland, CA, 95695
Whatever the PO charges
Check/Money Order, Cash (in person), Paypal
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 2 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back. Buyer pays return shipping.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Very Good Condition
This ad will automatically expire 7/20/2020 11:37:14 AM unless updated before that date. To keep the system current, ads expire if not updated for more than 60 days.
'Probable scam' 13 min
'Little Billy Wilson' 53 min
'Little Billy Wilson' 55 min