I bought this beautiful banjo from the son of the original owner and it had been sitting unplayed in its case for over a decade. I'm a mandolin player new to tenor banjos and have been playing this for the past month. I love the sound, but have decided to try a shorter-scale 17-fret Silver Bell.
- Gold plating - Owner mentioned it may have been sent to Chicago for gold plating
- Extended fretboard - Provides additional pick clearance above the head
- A plexiglass back cover has been added with a 3D inset of roses
- UPDATE: I've removed the back covers to reveal the original resonator
- There is discoloration and a gouge neck to the nameplate
- Tuning machines & Oettinger Tailpiece working as designed
- Gold soft pedal mute system works as designed
- Frets are in very good condition - pictures show marks, but I do not feel indentation
- Headstock shows wear and an ear has been chipped off
- The peghead backstrap lamination cracked behind the neck and in finish, but it is not in the wood
- Case is also in good condition. The fabric is wearing where it is in contact with the mute lever and the bottom/side on the outside has wear, but the case still protects the banjo.
I am happy to share more photos of the banjo. I am assuming the banjo could use a proper cleaning and setup since it has been stored away in its case for decades.
United States, Denver, CO, 80215
Check/Money Order, Cash (in person), Paypal
Payment Option Notes:
Check must clear before shipping. For paypal add 3%
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 2 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back.
Buyer pays return shipping.
Additional return policy details: Shipping price for continental US. Initial shipping will be deducted from any return refund.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Very Good Condition
Bacon & Day
This ad will automatically expire 5/10/2020 4:07:12 PM unless updated before that date. To keep the system current, ads expire if not updated for more than 60 days.
'ISO Prucha Top Tension' 26 min
'Victor Furtado' 44 min