Banjo #77 specs:
• 3-piece fretless walnut neck (no separate fingerboard or peghead overlay)
• 25 1/2” scale, side position dots at frets 3, 5, 7, 10, and 12
• Slotted peghead
• 1 1/2” nut width
• Nickel Silver Ohio Paisley fingerboard inlay
• ebony nut and fifth peg button
• Older 10 3/4” rim (single-ply maple with walnut veneer on inside and out and rounded end cap of the same). Decorative black veneer stripe around close to the bottom edge.
• Renaissance head
• 3/4” walnut bridge
• Rickard 6-string No-Knot style tailpiece (nickel-plated brass)
I went ahead and strung this banjo with a set of Classic Nylguts with a wound 4th string from a Minstrel set for the low bass string and have it currently tuned to G and A. I’ll get a video of it recorded soon.
In the video below, I had it strung with Aquila Alabastros (a Nylgut guitar set, using the first string for the fifth, second for the first, etc) tuned down to dDADF#A. This is five half-steps below open G. It has a nice low growl and could be considered a cello/baritone banjo as in this tuning it’s exactly an octave below aDADE tuning (and almost the same tuning scheme). Other tunings include dDGDGA (double G), dDADGA (D modal), and c#EAC#EA (open A). I’ve saved these strings if the buyer would like to try them out.
Thanks for looking!
United States, Burlington, WV, 26710
$30 to lower 48
Check/Money Order, Cash (in person), Paypal
Returns not accepted.
Condition of Item(s):
More Info URL:
'CAROL OF THE BELLS' 3 hrs
'engraving MOP?' 11 hrs