You are looking at a 1928 Vega Style M banjo conversion to a 5 string configuration. Every detail, from the peg head inlays to the heel shape have been meticulously incorporated into this Conversion. The Banjo’s neck is fitted with the addition of a heel assessable dual action truss rod. The neck was hand carved and finished at Hickler Banjo, Mesa Arizona. The hardware includes the original engraved Vega tail piece and arm rest.
This is a beautiful sounding banjo reminiscent of the tenor banjo jazz band sound of the 1920 and thirties. The Tub-a-Phone sound was brought back by Pete Seeger and the Weavers and later Dave Guard and the Kingston Trio. Great for frailing, clawhamer, and finger picking styles.
1928 Vega Style M Conversion Specifications
• Neck Five-string, Figured maple Construction. Two laminations of maple with .030” black fiberbooard center stripe. Lamination under the fingerboard .030” black fiberboard.
• Scale 22 frets. 26.25”
• Volute- No
• Truss Rod Dual action truss rod, heel accessible
• Peghead Shape Vega, width at nut 1.3”
• Heel Shape Vega Heel cut for Tubaphone rim
• Rim/Neck Connection 11 inch Tub-a-Phone tone ring. Dowel, the original dowel with matching serial number 82387
• Fingerboard Ebony with Ivroid binding, side dots black plastic
• Fingerboard Inlay Star and dots with Style M “leaf” inlay on first fret
• Peghead inlay Style M (version with “VEGA”)
• Peghead overlay Ebony as with Heel cap
• Spikes At frets 7 and 9
• Finish Lacquer, amber brown, introduced 1923, to match rim.
New hard shell case custom for open back banjo
Returns accepted. Buyer must contact seller within 2 days to arrange return. Refund will be given as Money Back. Buyer pays return shipping.
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Excellent Condition
This ad will automatically expire 9/20/2019 7:15:04 AM unless updated before that date. To keep the system current, ads expire if not updated for more than 60 days.
'Why Did You Wander' 1 hr
'Grandfathers Clock' 1 hr
'Good Wednesday Morning' 2 hrs
'20190820 181345' 3 hrs
'ODE STYLE D TAILPIECE' 4 hrs