I am relisting this banjo and have reduced the price by $400.
SOLD PENDING FUNDS
This Stelling is one of the finest banjos that I have ever owned and I part with it very reluctantly. I purchased it new from Turtle Hill Banjos in 2006. The Butterfly is a custom model, usually made as an open back. (Visit the Stelling web site). The banjo's arch top gives it great clairity and power and makes it a rare find. The rim is original Tony Pass 600 TS Old Wood Rim. Serial No. is 5996.
Included on the banjo are a delux padded leather strap and D-tuners (gold plated) on 2nd and 3rd strings, capo spikes at 7, 8, 9 and 10th frets and comes with original TKL plush green velvet Stelling case.
Fret wear is minimal. I have never played in a band and rarely taken it to jams. The over all condition is nearly perfect. There is absolutely no buclke rash or even scratches. I recently installed a Remo "Renaissance" head which has given it just a little more warmth and now sounds very much like my Stelling Staghorn. Should you want "that Stanley sound", it would be very easy to change the head back.
I have reached that time in my life when I need to get things in order. Again, this Stelling is a piece of art work as much as a very fine quality musical instrument.
I have recently sold 2 other banjos here on the HO and I would be happy to provide references.
Also included will be a few books, tapes, CD's and videos:
1. Easy Banjo Solos by Tony Trischka w/book, tape casette.
2. 5 String Banjo Style by Ron Middlebrook w/ book and CD.
3. The Banjo According To John Hartford w/ booklet and DVD.
4. Parking Lot Pickers Songbook by Bill Evans w/ book and CD's
5. Complete Book of Irish & Celtic 5-String by Tom Hanway w/ book and CD.
6. 50 Tunes for Banjo: Traditional, Old Time, Bluegrass & Celtic Solos by Mark Geslison w/ book and CD.
7. Bano Classics by Chris Sands w/book and CD
8. Banjo Tablatures by Tony Furtado with book
Jim Tetro 801 281-1363 Salt Lake City UT
United States, Taylorsville, UT, 84123
Check/Money Order, Cash (in person)
Condition of Item(s):
Used - Mint Condition