My dad got this kit back in 1978 with visions of doing it up right with inlays and a shiny finish - the whole 9 yards. Four kids ranging from Jr HS to college managed to put it on the back burner, where it stayed until a couple of years ago when he gave it to me, still unassembled. My interests at the time were focused on my banjos from scratch, so I slipped the box under my couch. It has slept there quietly until this weekend. I found myself working on something with lots of chords all over the neck, and had to admit that this tune was gonna be nigh impossible to do tolerably on my fretless. I considered snagging my kid's uke, and then remembered the kit.
So here it is! I had left the instruction sheet at the office, but I managed to get it all together and only had 1 washer left over. I haven't done any sanding or finishing. There is a resonator, but I spend a lot of time in clawhammer land, so I think for now I will leave it off.
(click on the thumbnails for the big picture, or go to my BHO photos page.)