Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Banjo Lovers Online

 All Forums
 Other Banjo-Related Topics
 Banjo Building, Setup, and Repair

Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link:

banjofly - Posted - 08/09/2022:  21:02:46

I have been out of banjo playing and building for a number of years, and I have noticed that many of the parts stores that I relied on online are gone now. I need a Archtop banjo head and I can't find one. Anyone know where I can buy one? Any help will be greatly appreciated.


Culloden - Posted - 08/09/2022:  21:23:09

Bob Smakula. He is a member here and has a great selection of banjo parts and heads.

beegee - Posted - 08/10/2022:  02:01:07

Archtop? Do you mean low crown?

Ridgerunner - Posted - 08/10/2022:  02:29:15

Sullivan Banjo has what you need.

Bob Smakula - Posted - 08/10/2022:  04:20:11

I have plenty of 11" low crown Remo heads in stock and in almost every film type that Remo manufactures.

Bob Smakula

G Edward Porgie - Posted - 08/10/2022:  08:37:42

"Arch top head" is a new one to me. Heads don't come "arched." The banjo itself determines whether the head becomes flat or arched.

Please speak to Bob Smakula. He can and will help.

Eric A - Posted - 08/10/2022:  09:04:43

According to the Stew-Mac site, archtop banjos use low crown heads.

Bart Veerman - Posted - 08/10/2022:  09:11:49


Originally posted by Eric A

According to the Stew-Mac site, archtop banjos use low crown heads.

Except Framus, they need medium crown.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent
Copyright 2024 Banjo Hangout. All Rights Reserved.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories