Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

761
Banjo Lovers Online


Discussion Forum

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

 All Forums
 Other Topics
 Off-Topic (Not Banjo Related)
 ARCHIVED TOPIC: Good Day on Tuesday, 31 May


Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link: http://www.banjohangout.org/archive/383540

Paul R - Posted - 05/30/2022:  21:51:44


Good dark and early end of May from warm(ish) Kingston, Ontario. It's 16C now and will remain that way until daylight warms it up to 28C with a 30% chance of showers. Sunday and Monday bicycle rides and not much else. May 39 years ago and the Mrs. shows off the six-month-old kid in Toronto, while artist Jerry Campbell painted a part of Toronto's skyline eight years ago.

Have a great day! (Watch the sky!)


chuckv97 - Posted - 05/31/2022:  00:29:33


G’mornin’ all you neck squeezers. We’re having some weather today whether we take a shine to it or not. Big news around here is that WalMart has done away with plastic bags,, it’s bring-yer-own bag (not meaning yer battleaxe wife, btw).


Edited by - chuckv97 on 05/31/2022 00:35:12




janolov - Posted - 05/31/2022:  01:59:26


Good morning from rainy Sweden



OM45GE - Posted - 05/31/2022:  02:51:55


Have a terrific Tuesday everyone. Heading in to Boston later this morning for my first of 40+ radiation treatments. Taking the train in and out with a nice 15 minute walk at either end.

I got a nice phone call from Melanie, “You can call me Mel” from the radiation team to see if I had any questions or concerns. My care at Mass General throughout this journey has been outstanding.



 

Paul R - Posted - 05/31/2022:  04:06:09


quote:

Originally posted by OM45GE

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone. Heading in to Boston later this morning for my first of 40+ radiation treatments. Taking the train in and out with a nice 15 minute walk at either end.



I got a nice phone call from Melanie, “You can call me Mel” from the radiation team to see if I had any questions or concerns. My care at Mass General throughout this journey has been outstanding.






Best wishes on your nuking journey. I'd say "good luck", but that part's already taken care of by your team. What I found the hardest to deal with was the water intake. I had to use flavour shots to make it palatable. I also found that my digestive system was being somewhat changed up. Thanks for weekends! your reactions may change as you go along. I can't even imagine forty sessions!



The one constant was the friendly, very competent staff. I made sure to say "thank you" a lot, even to the COVID screeners and especially to the friendly, very helpful receptionist. One thing that was helpful was the ability of staff to change schedules if you weren't quite ready at the time. On my last day I couldn't be ready when they came for me - a lot. At the end they said it was okay, I was so "considerate" they were able to take three patients that were supposed to have come after me. Flexible!



 

wizofos - Posted - 05/31/2022:  04:58:31


Good Morning from windy and overcast Northeast Wisconsin. Got the last of the garden rototilled and planted yesterday so resting today. Hoping for some rain today which is the reason for getting out in the heat yesterday. Wanted to get all the tomatos and peppers in the ground before the rain.
Good Luck to all of you getting radiation treatment or have gotten them. Talked to one of my brother-in-laws over the weekend and he rang the bell last week.
Have a good day, keep safe.

OM45GE - Posted - 05/31/2022:  05:30:24


quote:

Originally posted by Paul R

quote:

Originally posted by OM45GE

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone. Heading in to Boston later this morning for my first of 40+ radiation treatments. Taking the train in and out with a nice 15 minute walk at either end.



I got a nice phone call from Melanie, “You can call me Mel” from the radiation team to see if I had any questions or concerns. My care at Mass General throughout this journey has been outstanding.






Best wishes on your nuking journey. I'd say "good luck", but that part's already taken care of by your team. What I found the hardest to deal with was the water intake. I had to use flavour shots to make it palatable. I also found that my digestive system was being somewhat changed up. Thanks for weekends! your reactions may change as you go along. I can't even imagine forty sessions!



The one constant was the friendly, very competent staff. I made sure to say "thank you" a lot, even to the COVID screeners and especially to the friendly, very helpful receptionist. One thing that was helpful was the ability of staff to change schedules if you weren't quite ready at the time. On my last day I couldn't be ready when they came for me - a lot. At the end they said it was okay, I was so "considerate" they were able to take three patients that were supposed to have come after me. Flexible!



 






Thanks for the kind words and and advice Paul. I make sure to tell everyone there how much I appreciate them and what they're doing for me (and others). It's so heartwarming and I'm truly grateful. 



I drink a lot of water as a matter of course. My routine is supposed to be to empty my bladder an hour before my appointment and then during 20 ounces 1/2 hour before. That is a piece of cake. I did that before my simulated scan and they said it was perfect. Hopefully that won't change too much over the next couple of months. 



Cheers,



Bill

Owen - Posted - 05/31/2022:  07:45:28


'Mornin' from beautiful west-central MB.   7 C., mucho overcast, misty-rain and rainy-mist back and forth, and some* windy .... what's not to like??   [Half way between here and Wpg, they had 6" of rain and winds are gusting to over 100 kph..... big fields completely submerged. sad ]



* = in deference to my wife's Nova Scotia upbringing.



Glen, I think we might be on opposite sides of the same weather system.  There were lots of amorphous red/green/yellow blobs on our TV weather map last nite, and it appeared that we're only this far ...



Hand Pinching vector images and illustration    ... apart.



Hope everybody has a good day.


Edited by - Owen on 05/31/2022 07:46:00

Paul R - Posted - 05/31/2022:  13:15:20


quote:

Originally posted by OM45GE

quote:

I drink a lot of water as a matter of course. My routine is supposed to be to empty my bladder an hour before my appointment and then during 20 ounces 1/2 hour before. That is a piece of cake. I did that before my simulated scan and they said it was perfect. Hopefully that won't change too much over the next couple of months. 


Cheers,



Bill






Yeah, I got the "your bladder was perfect" expression, too, several times. So I asked, if I were younger, could I use it as a pick-up line? "Hey, babe, I have a perfect bladder!"

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.046875