Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

984
Banjo Lovers Online


Discussion Forum

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

 All Forums
 Other Topics
 Off-Topic (Not Banjo Related)
 ARCHIVED TOPIC: 3 suit cases of bud and a big bag of chips !


Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link: http://www.banjohangout.org/archive/380100

1935tb-11 - Posted - 12/27/2021:  08:33:06


christmas eve i was waiting on the wife to come back to the truck from picking up a couple of things at the grocery store... you know just watching folks hurry by... when out walks this dude with 2 cases under 1 arm and 1 under the other and a giant bag of chips in his hand.... i just had to laugh ,,thinking ,,well he is all ready for christmas now !!!!!

banjo bill-e - Posted - 12/27/2021:  08:43:03


A few years back I asked a maintenance man what he was doing for New Year's Eve and his answer was "Ten bagger of Krystals and a bottle of Jack Daniels". Everybody celebrates in their own way!

Owen - Posted - 12/27/2021:  08:44:33


.... in Nova Scotia they don't leave it to chance:



Ryan Snoddon on Twitter: "=NEW= Winter Storm Warnings and Watches for New  Brunswick & PEI. Rainfall Warnings, Les Suetes Wind Warnings and  Special Wx Statements for Nova Scotia. More warnings likely to

steve davis - Posted - 12/27/2021:  13:18:11


I have suitcases full of "bud" here all set for the big celebration.


Edited by - steve davis on 12/27/2021 13:20:12

Dan Gellert - Posted - 12/27/2021:  13:41:27


That much of the bud I thought you meant would call for at least a dozen bags of chips, along with an additional buggyload or two of other groceries!

bubbalouie - Posted - 12/27/2021:  13:41:29


A guy at work showed me a picture of his beer case Christmas tree! He got cases & cases of free beer that wasn't labeled correctly from a screw up at a brewery. It was a 7.2% I.P.A. The pyramid was 8 feet tall! I don't figure there's much left now! 

steve davis - Posted - 12/27/2021:  13:52:26


quote:

Originally posted by Dan Gellert

That much of the bud I thought you meant would call for at least a dozen bags of chips, along with an additional buggyload or two of other groceries!






We don't want any chips if there ain't no lobster.



We were getting ready to play Scrabble last night when there came a knock at the door and we heard someone running away.Opened the door to see a 5 gallon bucket with 4 lobsters in it.



My God they were so good I didn't mind having low score at the game.(I won 3 in row a couple weeks earlier.)

bubbalouie - Posted - 12/27/2021:  16:42:22


I don't know Owen, that map seems kinda wimpy! There's no such thing as being snowed in for only one day!



We're all out here in the west doing our part!



vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/b-c...1.5708572

Owen - Posted - 12/27/2021:  17:42:46


....now half-way home .... no problems with the snow [i.e. highways bare and dry] although temp. is a bit toward the "bracing" end of the scale .... -38 C at nite; 31 daytime; windchills  -45 to -49.   But the cardboard in front of the rad is doing its thing, and we added an extra sleeping bag to our usual winter driving kit.   We'll be ready for "snowed in" from after mid-afternoon tomorrow onward!!   yes

bubbalouie - Posted - 12/27/2021:  18:01:56


Holy! Owen! I forgot about the cardboard trick! I had an '86 GMC !/2 ton in Alberta winter 

Owen - Posted - 12/27/2021:  18:45:39


.......and Bubba, the beer in those 547 cans needn't be the only benefit:   edmontonsun.com/news/local-new...640634120


Edited by - Owen on 12/27/2021 18:56:00

jason999 - Posted - 12/27/2021:  19:33:43


quote:

Originally posted by steve davis

I have suitcases full of "bud" here all set for the big celebration.






Somehow, I knew you were going to post on this. 



How often do you eat lobster? How do you prepare it?

dat - Posted - 12/28/2021:  11:18:23


quote:

Originally posted by bubbalouie

I don't know Owen, that map seems kinda wimpy! There's no such thing as being snowed in for only one day!



We're all out here in the west doing our part!



vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/b-c...1.5708572






Yeah, we use to head out for a weekend hunting trip with a 30 pack of bud and half gallon of jim beam and a 12 pack of coke each, and run out of stuff to drink, doesn't snow much here so you can usually get to the store to puck up another 30 or so

dat - Posted - 12/28/2021:  13:22:54


I guess my question would be, what are the chips for? They take up space that could be filled with beer.

dat - Posted - 12/28/2021:  13:25:32


We used to cook a lot at our old deer lease, one old man there never ate, he always said “why would i want to ruin a 20 dollar buzz with a 3 dollar hamburger”

steve davis - Posted - 12/28/2021:  20:00:11


quote:

Originally posted by jason999

quote:

Originally posted by steve davis

I have suitcases full of "bud" here all set for the big celebration.






Somehow, I knew you were going to post on this. 



How often do you eat lobster? How do you prepare it?






I've been eating lobster since I was a baby,Jason.Sometimes a few weeks go by without eating a couple,but I probably have 12-20 a year.Mostly boiled/occasionally baked stuffed or with a hollandaise sauce.



I don't use much if any melted butter with a boiled lobster.Just the critter itself.

jason999 - Posted - 12/28/2021:  20:41:22


quote:

Originally posted by steve davis

quote:

Originally posted by jason999

quote:

Originally posted by steve davis

I have suitcases full of "bud" here all set for the big celebration.






Somehow, I knew you were going to post on this. 



How often do you eat lobster? How do you prepare it?






I've been eating lobster since I was a baby,Jason.Sometimes a few weeks go by without eating a couple,but I probably have 12-20 a year.Mostly boiled/occasionally baked stuffed or with a hollandaise sauce.



I don't use much if any melted butter with a boiled lobster.Just the critter itself.






It's amazing how different people's lives are from one region of the US to another.



I probably haven't had 12 lobsters in my entire life. I have to admit that I'm envious of the fresh seafood that you get to eat.



I take my son fishing in a nearby river and lake. We also go trout fishing in mountain streams a few times per year.



I love salt water fishing though. We usually go to Florida for a week or two per year and we always fish, while there. We have caught some great fish while surf fishing. Last time we went, I chartered a boat that was operated by a guy from TN. He moved to FL to become a captain. He was a real fisherman. We caught a tiger shark that was just over 10'. I also caught a 40 lb cobia. He's still in the freezer waiting. He was a beast of a fight because I hooked him unexpectedly on lighter tackle.

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.078125