Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

625
Banjo Lovers Online


 All Forums
 Other Banjo-Related Topics
 Live Sound, Recording and Electronics
 ARCHIVED TOPIC: Automation in Garageband - Fade in/Out?


Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link: http://www.banjohangout.org/archive/361331

stevepappas452 - Posted - 02/19/2020:  11:07:23


I am a GB user for a long time now. There was nothing complicated about it apart from figuring out automation. For instance, I want to write automation to a song so that it fades in and out. Is it a real feature in Garageband or I am missing something? Thanks


Edited by - Texasbanjo on 02/19/2020 14:04:15

Old Hickory - Posted - 02/19/2020:  12:29:26


This is not a Music Theory question. Perhaps delete and repost in the Live Sound, Recording and Electronics section.  Or maybe a moderator can move it.



Hope you get an answer.

Straw - Posted - 02/19/2020:  13:49:21


I'm not really versed in Garageband (just some home recordings), but for a quick fade in or fade out in the older version I use, I would:
a. select Volume on the automation tab
b. set a volume line by clicking on the track
c. clicking again at the point where I want full volume (some seconds in, for instance)
d. click at 0.0 and drag the line in an incline to base of the track (no sound) of the track (this is essentially working backwards from no volume to max, and you can determine the length of the fade in)
e. for a fade out, just the opposite (point of last maximum volume and then a click and drag down to silence at the end of the track)
There may be a macro effect to select in later versions. But this has worked for me.
Best of luck!

J.Albert - Posted - 02/20/2020:  15:24:25


Fade outs can be done this way:

a. Go to the "Mix" menu and choose "show automation"

b. Select "volume" from the popup menu in the track control area

c. You should see the line that indicates the volume level for that track

d. With the "point" of your mouse, select the point in the volume level where you want the fade to BEGIN.

e. Go a little to the right and again click in the volume level where you want the fade to END

f. Now, "drag the end point" downwards, effectively reducing the volume output.



Once you see how this works, it's easy.

This might work with the "master track" as well.

LoWESTiC - Posted - 02/24/2020:  01:39:56


Just enable the volume to fade out option from the Mix at the toolbar and this will fade out your song automatically.

Do you know any working methods to install Garageband on windows? I have been trying different ways but didn’t find anyone working.

stevepappas452 - Posted - 02/24/2020:  10:58:41


quote:

Originally posted by Old Hickory

This is not a Music Theory question. Perhaps delete and repost in the Live Sound, Recording and Electronics section.  Or maybe a moderator can move it.



Hope you get an answer.


 




Okay! I will try to move it

stevepappas452 - Posted - 02/24/2020:  10:59:20


quote:

Originally posted by J.Albert

Fade outs can be done this way:

a. Go to the "Mix" menu and choose "show automation"

b. Select "volume" from the popup menu in the track control area

c. You should see the line that indicates the volume level for that track

d. With the "point" of your mouse, select the point in the volume level where you want the fade to BEGIN.

e. Go a little to the right and again click in the volume level where you want the fade to END

f. Now, "drag the end point" downwards, effectively reducing the volume output.



Once you see how this works, it's easy.

This might work with the "master track" as well.






Thanks Buddy! Well Explained! Thanks

stevepappas452 - Posted - 02/24/2020:  11:01:17


quote:

Originally posted by LoWESTiC

Just enable the volume to fade out option from the Mix at the toolbar and this will fade out your song automatically.



Do you know any working methods to install Garageband on windows? I have been trying different ways but didn’t find anyone working.






Thanks @LoWESTiC, I will do it.



Garageband app is available for windows also. Use free PC emulator apps such as Virtual box or Vmware to run garageband app in your windows pc. Here is the complete tutorial on that, where steps are well explained. Thanks



 

Old Hickory - Posted - 02/24/2020:  14:20:44


quote:

Originally posted by stevepappas452

I will try to move it



One of the Moderators already did. This discussion is now in the appropriate forum.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.046875