Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

412
Banjo Lovers Online


Discussion Forum

Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!

 All Forums
 Playing the Banjo
 Playing Advice: All Other Styles
 ARCHIVED TOPIC: What is this tune?


Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link: http://www.banjohangout.org/archive/359418

banjola1 - Posted - 12/12/2019:  14:56:08


Does anybody know the name of this tune?



I learned it years ago and can''t remember the name.



I thought it might be "Alfie's Hornpipe" but I'm not sure."


Edited by - banjola1 on 12/12/2019 14:56:49


Eric A - Posted - 12/12/2019:  15:08:31


It seems familiar, but I just can't place it. I bet somebody here on BHO will have it. Maybe the clawhammer fiddle tune people? JanetB ??

John D - Posted - 12/12/2019:  15:29:51


I think it's "Fisherman's Favorite."

Eric A - Posted - 12/12/2019:  17:51:39


Then in the comment section of the fisherman's favorite youtube, someone says it's similar to "Fanny Frail".   Maybe?


Edited by - Eric A on 12/12/2019 17:52:32

Eric A - Posted - 12/12/2019:  18:09:51


quote:

Originally posted by Eric A

Then in the comment section of the fisherman's favorite youtube, someone says it's similar to "Fanny Frail".   Maybe?






Further googling on Fanny Frail says it's similar to the Cliff Hornpipe.   Are we close?

banjola1 - Posted - 12/12/2019:  18:16:34


quote:

Originally posted by Eric A

quote:

Originally posted by Eric A

Then in the comment section of the fisherman's favorite youtube, someone says it's similar to "Fanny Frail".   Maybe?






Further googling on Fanny Frail says it's similar to the Cliff Hornpipe.   Are we close?






Maybe I'll rename it, "Googling on Fanny Frail" Hornpipe. smiley

banjola1 - Posted - 12/12/2019:  18:46:06


quote:

Originally posted by banjola1

quote:

Originally posted by Eric A

quote:

Originally posted by Eric A

Then in the comment section of the fisherman's favorite youtube, someone says it's similar to "Fanny Frail".   Maybe?






Further googling on Fanny Frail says it's similar to the Cliff Hornpipe.   Are we close?






Maybe I'll rename it, "Googling on Fanny Frail" Hornpipe. smiley






I just love saying it!


Greg Gilbert - Posted - 12/28/2019:  19:11:28


Not sure, but could it be Virginia Hornpipe?

banjola1 - Posted - 12/28/2019:  19:15:52


Yes!



I think that's it...thanks Greg!



(But I will miss "Googling Fanny Frail")


Edited by - banjola1 on 12/28/2019 19:18:01

Eric A - Posted - 12/28/2019:  19:27:59


quote:

Originally posted by banjola1

Yes!



I think that's it...thanks Greg!



(But I will miss "Googling Fanny Frail")






GFF, we hardly knew ye... crying

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.0625