View Chris Quinn's Homepage
Read Chris Quinn's Bio
View Teacher Profile
Contact Chris Quinn
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact Chris Quinn.
Playing Since: 1979
Experience Level: Just Startin'
Chris Quinn has made 7 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
[Teaching] [Jamming] [Socializing] [Helping]
- 1935 Gibson Kel Kroydon. Huber HR-30 ring. The maple and ebony neck is probably from the 50's. This is a fantastic banjo!
- Gibson RB-250; a 1974, mahogany neck, two piece flange. It records fantastically, sounds great up and down the neck, the 4th string growls, and the back-up leaps out of it.
- 2007 RK Deco King. A killer banjo that needs to be played in some more.
- 2012 RK Madison. RK-36. A great mahogany neck banjo which stacks up well against banjos worth 4 times the cost. I really love the sound of this banjo; plenty of volume, and the tone will evolve as I continue to play it. I highly recommend these banjos to anyone at any level of playing. Thanks to Greg Rich!
- 2005 Jeff Menzies open-back, fretless
I know this is a long list, but it really includes musicians and music that has been, and continues to be, influential on me.
In the world of bluegrass, real country and old-time: Bill Monroe, Charlie Monroe, Lester Flatt, Earl Scruggs, Jimmy Martin, The Stanley Brothers, The Osborne Brothers, The McCormick Brothers, Buzz Busby, Reno and Smiley, Jim and Jesse, Paul Warren, The Delmore Brothers, Don Stover, Rudy Lyle, Kenny Ingram, J.D. Crowe, Scott Vestal, Bill Emerson, Tom Adams, Steve Huber, Ron Stewart, Tim O'Brien, Junior Huskey, Kenny Baker, Vassar Clements, John Hartford, Charlie Cushman, Bela Fleck, Tony Trischka, Tony Furtado, Craig Smith, Carroll Best, Tim Stafford, Kenny Smith, Norman Blake, Ron Block, Barry Bales, Adam Steffey, Alison Krauss, Dan Tyminski, Jerry Douglas, Mike Compton, David Long, Larry Perkins, David Grier, Tony Rice, Roland White, Richard Bailey, Dirk Powell, Bruce Molsky, George Jones, Buck Owens, Don Rich, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Keith Whitley. My Bandmates: Chris Coole, Andrew Collins, John Showman, and Max Heineman
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 6/19/2013
Chris Quinn and Greg Cahill
Posted 4/16/2010 6:22:23 PM
Greg and I taught at the 108 Mile House bluegrass camp. Greg and I have gotten to know each other over the last few years and we really enjoy getting together and playing some banjo(s). Greg is a great band leader and he is still on fire for the music after 35 years leading Special Consensus.
|View All Photos In This Album|
Be the first to comment
on “Chris Quinn and Greg Cahill”
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
View All Photos In This Album
The Banjo Hangout myHangout photo albums were created to allow members to post photos which 1) they own the copyrights to, or 2) which are non-copyrighted. Please respect others by not posting their copyrighted images. Photos posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in a locking of your myHangout account. Read complete copyright policy.