View Tom Berghan's Homepage
Read Tom Berghan's Bio
Contact Tom Berghan
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact Tom Berghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Expert/Professional
Tom Berghan has made 128 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Gibson RB-250 tube & plate flange, early 70s
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) 5-String Soprano (14 inch scale) Marvin Walker "Mini"
7) 2014 Mini-Banjo (Soprano 5 string) by Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Reed, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, most notably Rhiannon Giddens, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: (+1)
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 7/25/2016
< View Entire Music Archive
by Tom Berghan
Play count: 287
5 people like this
Size: 3,773kb, uploaded 10/15/2011 2:57:30 PM
Genre: Bluegrass / Playing Style: Bluegrass (Scruggs)
Bluegrass Banjo Solo
on “Sandy River Belle & Cherokee Shuffle”
Saturday, October 15, 2011 @3:14:04 PM
well you did a real fine job pickin tom,i think you are natural and your 3 finger style is a big hit for me,great pickin buddy
Saturday, October 15, 2011 @7:22:51 PM
It does sound like Jim, Tom, really. It has that smoothness and the notes melt across the fretboard, as you said. Smooth like the river of the song, wide and reflective. That must be taking a great effort to learn the essence of Jim's unique style. Way to go and way to flow!
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.