View tomberghan's Homepage
Read tomberghan's Bio
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact tomberghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
tomberghan has made 167 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) Autumn 2013 - I have a Mini-Banjo on order from Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 11/24/2014
< View Entire Music Archive
Play count: 271
5 people like this
Size: 3,773kb, uploaded 10/15/2011 2:57:30 PM
Genre: Bluegrass / Playing Style: Bluegrass (Scruggs)
Bluegrass Banjo Solo
on “Sandy River Belle & Cherokee Shuffle”
Saturday, October 15, 2011 @3:14:04 PM
well you did a real fine job pickin tom,i think you are natural and your 3 finger style is a big hit for me,great pickin buddy
Saturday, October 15, 2011 @7:22:51 PM
It does sound like Jim, Tom, really. It has that smoothness and the notes melt across the fretboard, as you said. Smooth like the river of the song, wide and reflective. That must be taking a great effort to learn the essence of Jim's unique style. Way to go and way to flow!
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.