View Tom Berghan's Homepage
Read Tom Berghan's Bio
Contact Tom Berghan
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact Tom Berghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Expert/Professional
Tom Berghan has made 73 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Gibson RB-250 tube & plate flange, early 70s
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) 5-String Soprano (14 inch scale) Marvin Walker "Mini"
7) 2014 Mini-Banjo (Soprano 5 string) by Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Reed, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, most notably Rhiannon Giddens, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: (+1)
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 5/25/2016
< View Entire Music Archive
by Tom Berghan
Play count: 1277
21 people like this
Size: 4,058kb, uploaded 9/18/2011 12:28:22 PM
Genre: Old Time / Playing Style: Clawhammer and Old-Time
Tom Berghan, 5 string banjo, 4 string baritone & soprano banjos, fretless bass banjo, guitar and snare drum. Septmebr 18, 2011
on “Over the Waterfall”
Sunday, September 18, 2011 @1:13:25 PM
A rich sound, then a delicate sound, then a fun sound, then a mellow sound, then a very deep sound, then a mountain sound, then a happy sound. My goodness, Tom, you're a prolific picker! It'll be another BHO classic.
||Don Borchelt Says:|
Monday, September 19, 2011 @4:47:00 AM
Very well done, a delightful musical smorgasborg that really showcases your unique versatility. I like the 1920s Mississippi jug band sound that you get with that mix of banjos and banjo technique.
Monday, September 19, 2011 @7:18:16 AM
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.