View Tom Berghan's Homepage
Read Tom Berghan's Bio
Contact Tom Berghan
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact Tom Berghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
Tom Berghan has made 230 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) 2014 Mini-Banjo (Soprano 5 string) by Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 4/17/2015
< View Entire Music Archive
by Tom Berghan
Play count: 666
13 people like this
Size: 1,831kb, uploaded 5/30/2011 4:41:21 PM
Genre: Bluegrass / Playing Style: Bluegrass (Scruggs)
My friend the great Jim Reed on Bluegrass Banjo! I'm just trying to hang in there with some backup for Jim playing the rest of the instruments: Soprano & Bass Banjos plus some snare drum. That's my hillbilly family (Wife & Son) contributing the "Rebel Yell!" ;-)
on “Leather Britches”
Monday, May 30, 2011 @5:18:37 PM
tom you done wonders with that tune,im so happy with you that you found a way just a great job buddy,thanks so much for being a part of me.im speechless
Monday, May 30, 2011 @5:41:27 PM
Jim pointed me here... that's a really great bit of work there!! Loved the yell :)
Thursday, June 02, 2011 @1:52:07 AM
What great version!
Friday, April 17, 2015 @6:55:04 AM
I learned this tune from the John Burke book and from watching a kid on youtube playing it on a Gibson longneck. Your version is superb.
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.