View tomberghan's Homepage
Read tomberghan's Bio
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact tomberghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
tomberghan has made 171 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) Autumn 2013 - I have a Mini-Banjo on order from Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 11/21/2014
< View Entire Music Archive
Play count: 1724
28 people like this
Size: 2,021kb, uploaded 5/8/2011 3:00:45 PM
Genre: Unknown/None Chosen / Playing Style: Clawhammer and Old-Time
Mark Johnson Banjo and cheap guitar - Tom Berghan Fretless Bass Banjo
on “Greasy Coat goes Swamp Funk”
Saturday, August 06, 2011 @9:10:47 AM
ahhahaha wonderful, what is swamp punk? :)
Saturday, August 06, 2011 @2:13:53 PM
Thanks for your kind compliment! "Swamp Funk" (not punk) is a style of dance music from the 50s 60s & 70s from Southern Louisianna, played by both blacks and whites who share the old Canjun (French Acadian) life style in the Atchafalya River Basin area. I had the pleasure of living near there, in New Orleans, and playing in and around that area for about 7 years. A wonderful part of the United States and wonderful people with a wonderful and rich culture.
Saturday, August 06, 2011 @4:34:31 PM
Saturday, August 06, 2011 @4:36:02 PM
Would make a real nice soundtrack for "TrueBlood"!!
Friday, December 02, 2011 @10:21:46 PM
I hadn't heard this before... KNOCKS me over! thnx for posting.
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.