View tomberghan's Homepage
Read tomberghan's Bio
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact tomberghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
tomberghan has made 160 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) Autumn 2013 - I have a Mini-Banjo on order from Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 4/22/2014
< View Entire Music Archive
Play count: 3986
57 people like this
Size: 4,664kb, uploaded 7/12/2010 11:28:42 PM
Genre: Old Time
Tom Berghan Clawhammer, recorded July 12, 2010. Chuck Lee Vintage Ovilla 2008, Kat Eyz Maple/Purpleheart bridge, Vellum Calfskin head. gDGBD
on “Cumberland Gap”
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 @6:32:10 AM
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 @5:14:12 PM
great job tom
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 @5:54:17 PM
Very sweet and lovely sound. Nicely done.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 @7:32:11 PM
That was great nice and clean sounding and smooth I really enjoyed it
||Big Dan Says:|
Thursday, July 15, 2010 @9:21:50 PM
Wow, wonderful version! Thank you.
Thursday, July 15, 2010 @9:44:37 PM
Tom, what they all said. Sweet tone. thnx for posting.
Sunday, July 18, 2010 @7:38:53 AM
Great playing Tom. Really expressive. Terrific.
||Don Borchelt Says:|
Monday, August 30, 2010 @10:36:14 AM
Fine picking, Tom. Graceful and lyrical playing.
||Steve Jeter Says:|
Thursday, September 06, 2012 @8:53:49 AM
thank you! Im gonna use this as a model
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.