View tomberghan's Homepage
Read tomberghan's Bio
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact tomberghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
tomberghan has made 137 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) Autumn 2013 - I have a Mini-Banjo on order from Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 3/7/2014
< View Entire Music Archive
Play count: 3567
61 people like this
Size: 2,865kb, uploaded 6/4/2010 11:20:13 AM
Genre: Old Time
Billy in the Low Land
Tom Berghan Billy in the low land (A&B)
Third part: B-section of Billy in the low ground. Four String Banjo. Baritone Tuning. Gold Tone IT-250
on “Billy in the Low Land”
Saturday, June 05, 2010 @8:17:45 AM
Ready for a Ken Burns Americana, Docudrama. the depth( Re verb and delay) is very evocative. really outstanding recording mix
Saturday, June 05, 2010 @8:47:13 AM
Very nicely done! Great depth of feeling. Thanks for posting.
Sunday, June 06, 2010 @12:37:56 PM
thats a dang fine job tom,just outstanding,i play it different with 3 finger style
Wednesday, September 01, 2010 @2:15:09 PM
Hey look it's number one on the top old time tunes, congrats!
Thursday, October 14, 2010 @6:53:58 AM
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.