View Tom Berghan's Homepage
Read Tom Berghan's Bio
Contact Tom Berghan
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact Tom Berghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
Tom Berghan has made 207 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) 2014 Mini-Banjo (Soprano 5 string) by Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 12/20/2014
< View Entire Music Archive
by Tom Berghan
Play count: 2995
43 people like this
Size: 5,440kb, uploaded 4/1/2010 11:12:28 PM
Genre: Old Time / Playing Style: Clawhammer and Old-Time
Tom Berghan Jamminí on Sandy River Belle. Melodic Clawhammer. G-Standard (gDGBD) Recorded April 1, 2010. Chuck Lee Vintage Ovilla 2008, Kat Eyz Maple/Purpleheart bridge, Vellum Calfskin head.
on “Sandy River Belle”
Friday, April 02, 2010 @7:06:57 AM
Very nice. You weren't 'fooling' around!
Friday, April 02, 2010 @7:51:25 AM
I love it Tom. Keep them coming please!
Friday, April 02, 2010 @9:55:38 AM
Sunday, April 04, 2010 @7:09:55 AM
A very pleasant tune to listen to. Fine playing, and a good-sounding banjer too. What could be better?
Monday, April 05, 2010 @9:40:07 AM
Tom that was very pretty great job!
Wednesday, April 07, 2010 @12:00:51 PM
Great arrangment and playing Tom!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 @5:21:50 AM
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.