View tomberghan's Homepage
Read tomberghan's Bio
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact tomberghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
tomberghan has made 188 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) Autumn 2013 - I have a Mini-Banjo on order from Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 10/25/2014
< View Entire Music Archive
Play count: 496
8 people like this
Size: 3,003kb, uploaded 1/19/2010 11:20:18 PM
Genre: Traditional / Playing Style: Clawhammer and Old-Time
Clawhammer, Standard-G capo second fret, recorded January 19, 2010. Chuck Lee Vintage Ovilla 2008, Kat Eyz Maple/Purpleheart bridge, Vellum Calfskin head. Pitch @ 415
on “Variations on Red Haired Boy”
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 @7:34:43 AM
This is exceptional, I fail to see that it needs "tightening up"
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 @2:28:14 PM
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 @4:33:35 PM
very good! I have been trying to play this, am not there yet!
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.