View Tom Berghan's Homepage
Read Tom Berghan's Bio
Contact Tom Berghan
You must sign into your myHangout account in order to contact Tom Berghan.
Playing Since: 2009
Experience Level: Purty Good
Tom Berghan has made 204 recent additions to Banjo Hangout
Occupation: Professional Musician until age 37, now I am an Engineer
1) Chuck Lee - Vintage Ovilla made in 2008, 12" hardrock maple rim, Kat Eyz bridge - Old Maple and Purpleheart, W.D. Miller Vellum Calfskin head
2) Banjo d'Amore (Orpheus) - Dan Knowles, 2011
3) 1929 Gibson TB-2, four string
4) 5-string Buck Creek - Arthur Hatfield, 2012
5) Gold Tone Fretless Bass Banjo BB-400 Custom, bass tuning EADG, 2010
6) Soprano 4-string - Gold Tone, custom 2011
7) 2014 Mini-Banjo (Soprano 5 string) by Marvin Walker, http://www.banjomaker.net/
Earl, Don, Ralph, JD, Jim Mills. I like the "old stuff" and older styles. I admire many of today's younger "progressive" artists, but I have always enjoyed collecting records from the 1920s through to the early 1960s. That fifty year period of American music is my favorite: Bluegrass, Old Time, Blues, Hokum, Rags, Swing, Hillbilly, Country, & Rockabilly. That's for me!
Classified Rating: not rated
Rate this Member
Visible to: Public
Last Visit 12/20/2014
< View Entire Music Archive
by Tom Berghan
Play count: 813
11 people like this
Size: 1,260kb, uploaded 11/22/2009 5:23:07 PM
Genre: Old Time / Playing Style: Clawhammer and Old-Time
Tom Berghan Clawhammer FRETLESS - Played on a Jason Romero Fretless
Recorded Nov 22, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009 @8:12:18 AM
Sure am glad to see that your a pro! I was real worried when I saw you had only played this year...Or I would have to go back to playing in the closet. Sounds very lovely!
||Don Borchelt Says:|
Monday, November 23, 2009 @6:41:14 PM
Another very nice performance. You've discovered how much you can milk that 3rd string, 2nd to 4th fretless slide, putting that slight hesitation into it; it just doesn't sound as splendidly lazy when you have frets.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 @8:06:00 AM
I like the fretless, glad i dont have to decide between the two
||Rob MacKillop Says:|
Wednesday, April 07, 2010 @3:19:50 PM
Tom, I know we have become cyber buddies and all, but I have to say I love the sound of you playing this Romero fretless more than any other - well, anything. It just sounds so beautiful. Warm, relaxed, great phrasing. Just keep em coming, and maybe branch out into videos...
Thursday, July 29, 2010 @2:38:03 PM
Absolutely beautiful. You certainly do the Romero justice and vice versa.
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
You are allowed to post recordings of yourself performing:
- public-domain (non-copyrighted) songs
- original songs written by yourself
- songs written by someone else and licensed through ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
Anything posted in violation of this notice may be removed by the webmaster without prior notice, and may result in your myHangout account being locked. Read complete copyright policy.