My latest book Banjo for the Young Beginner published by Mel Bay will be out March, 2009. It is a well thought out introduction of bluegrass banjo for those younger, actually anyage, beginners who have no experience with stringed instruments let alone the banjo. I am happy with the way it came out and am hopeful for its success.
I have several other projects in the works
* the release of the Sam and Alan, Together Again for the First Time album in CD format. This is a long unavailable product that is many peoples favorites. It is a superior album for Sam Bush fans. He is fantastic. It has many original instrumentals by both Sam and me.
* the release of a book/CD of my favorite of my albums In The Tradition.
* the release of a book/CD tunes associated with the Country Gazette album Strictly Instrumental
* the release of a book/CD of Poor Richard's Almanac. This is the first recording for Sam Bush, Wayne Stewart, and me. We did this in Wayne's grandmother's house in Hopkinsville, Ky in 1969 just before I was to leave for the draft (they turned me down). It is cited in Neil Rosenberg's book Bluegrass: A History as a seminal recording.
* the inclusion of downloadable video instructional lessons on my web site. I teach "Peaches and Cream," "Uncle Clooney Played the Banjo" "The Virginia Boys" (a tune in B flat) and others. What tunes would like to see in this format?
* I have a busy performance and workshop schedule.
Forr all the above and much more see www.almundesbanjocollege.com
Thanks, Alan Munde