Visit Banjo Babes Calendar & Album

 All Forums
 Other Banjo-Related Topics
 Tab Requests and Discussion
 ARCHIVED TOPIC: Foggy mountain special tab


Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link.

banjobobs - Posted - 12/23/2011:  22:25:19


Can anyone hook me up with a tab or at least tell me what book it's in so I can buy it. Thanks this a great site!

armydad - Posted - 12/23/2011:  23:01:13


frettedinstrumentsnyc.com/

jbaker7 - Posted - 12/24/2011:  09:14:54



Hi Bobby,


If you can tackle this piece as a very beginner as your homepage states, you'll be the fastest beginner I've ever heard of, including Bela Fleck surprise...good luck...this is an extremely difficult piece if you don't know the basics and more...Jack Baker NYC   p.s. perhaps you should change your rating...


 


 


 


quote:


Originally posted by banjobobs



Can anyone hook me up with a tab or at least tell me what book it's in so I can buy it. Thanks this a great site!





 


Gun slinger - Posted - 12/24/2011:  09:28:23


Hi Bobby, check out seanray.com...I just received the session book and cd and it has foggy mountain special and 25 other tabs, along with a cd that has backup tracks with and with out the banjo so you can play along.

jbaker7 - Posted - 12/24/2011:  11:09:47



Hi Dale,


Couldn't agree more and the book and Cd are well worth the money. Sean does great work...Jack Baker NYC.  p.s. I only meant that maybe Bobby should change his rating to a higher level. He'll give people an insecurity complex by saying he is a novice  big


 


quote:


Originally posted by Gun slinger




Hi Bobby, check out seanray.com...I just received the session book and cd and it has foggy mountain special and 25 other tabs, along with a cd that has backup tracks with and with out the banjo so you can play along.






 



Edited by - jbaker7 on 12/24/2011 11:14:52

jbaker7 - Posted - 12/24/2011:  17:58:09



Hi Steve,


Yes, it's on my website. I put this into Tabledit around 2000...Jack   p.s. as always, the tabs on my site will always be "free" smiley J.


 


 


quote:


Originally posted by armydad




frettedinstrumentsnyc.com/






 



Edited by - jbaker7 on 12/24/2011 18:00:46

banjobobs - Posted - 12/24/2011:  23:10:46


I'll change my rating when I get better lol I've played all kinds of heavy metal and classical guitar since I was in fourth grade and this will be my second song to learn on banjo. Dave hum played foggy mountain special and I fell in love with this song and I must learn it lol

jbaker7 - Posted - 12/25/2011:  07:39:16



Great! Nothing to it really. Bluegrass banjo is the easiest instrument you could have picked to start with.. Have fun...Jack Baker


 


 


quote:


Originally posted by banjobobs



I'll change my rating when I get better lol I've played all kinds of heavy metal and classical guitar since I was in fourth grade and this will be my second song to learn on banjo. Dave hum played foggy mountain special and I fell in love with this song and I must learn it lol





 


jbaker7 - Posted - 12/25/2011:  09:10:42



Howdy Bobby,


For every 10 banjo tabs I put into Tabledit, I put in one Chet Atkins arrangement...now that's what I call difficult to do...Jack Baker


 


 


quote:


Originally posted by jbaker7




Great! Nothing to it really. Bluegrass banjo is the easiest instrument you could have picked to start with.. Have fun...Jack Baker


 


 


quote:


Originally posted by banjobobs



I'll change my rating when I get better lol I've played all kinds of heavy metal and classical guitar since I was in fourth grade and this will be my second song to learn on banjo. Dave hum played foggy mountain special and I fell in love with this song and I must learn it lol





 






 



Edited by - jbaker7 on 12/25/2011 09:11:53

shanghaimando - Posted - 02/09/2012:  10:08:10



Thanks so much for that Chet tabledit piece J Baker. There's some lovely ideas for the piece in there. Brilliant.


jbaker7 - Posted - 02/09/2012:  10:20:36



Hi There Shang,


Which Chet piece are you talking about. I haven't posted any Chet pieces recently...Jack Baker


 


 


quote:


Originally posted by shanghaimando




Thanks so much for that Chet tabledit piece J Baker. There's some lovely ideas for the piece in there. Brilliant.






 



Edited by - jbaker7 on 02/09/2012 10:25:50

steampowered - Posted - 02/09/2012:  16:50:33


Does it really matter what someones rating is and the tabs people request

jbaker7 - Posted - 02/09/2012:  18:39:05



Hi Steam,


No not at all but I'm still trying to figure what the Chet Atkins post is about smiley. There is always someone here to answer any and all questions about anything...Jack Baker


 


quote:


Originally posted by steampowered



Does it really matter what someones rating is and the tabs people request





 




Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!




You are not logged in.
Log In


Not a member? Create an Account (FREE!)



3746 BANJO LOVERS ONLINE

HOME | FORUMS | MEMBERS | MEDIA ARCHIVE | TABS & LESSONS | CLASSIFIEDS | REVIEWS | LINKS | CALENDAR | STORE | TERMS OF USE